Matcha powder is simply, grounded green tea leaves which are specially produced. They are grown under shade which is a unique production process as opposed to the production of other tea leaves. It is categorized into three classes/grades:
1. Ceremonial: Matcha is a primary component in tea ceremonies and Buddhist temples across the globe. The Matcha Powder used in this strain is of the highest quality.
2. Premium: The powder used in this strain is also of the highest quality, containing the nutrition in its full extent. The powder is produced from the leaves that come from the top of the tea plant to ensure the highest quality in the powder as well as its top-notch nutritional value.
3. Culinary: The powder in this grade is only used for cooking purposes and to add a bit of flavor to the mix- the powder used.
Health Benefits of Matcha Powder:
Matcha Powder has numerous health benefits, some of which can be found below:
1. Oral Health: Bad breath amongst other oral health deficiencies originates from bacteria that form cavities in the mouth. Matcha powder contains antibacterial properties that help avert the aforementioned. Tea made with Matcha powder also does wonders in the same regard. Needless to mention, it also keeps the teeth clean and healthy.
2. Boosts Confidence: Matcha helps relax the mind whilst also enhancing the clarity of the mind- this elevates levels of concentration. The effects produced are more or less similar to the effects produced by yoga/meditation/walking in the park at dawn. It also helps relax the body thus adding to an increment in physical and mental investment successfully.
3. Build Immunity: Matcha Powder, consumed in various combinations helps build immunity. The antioxidants it contains (EGCg, for instance) help fight off infections brought about by both various bacteria and viruses- in turn, protecting the body.
4. Helps with Anxiety: Antioxidants, present in the Matcha Powder, also helps keep away anxiety and oxidative stress. They also help prevent brain degenerative diseases (like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s), terminal illnesses (like Cancer), as well as keeping genetic mutations, and heart diseases at bay.
5. Detoxifying Properties: Plants that are grown in shades are known to produce excess (more than normal) chlorophyll. Chlorophyll, in turn, is rich in detoxifying properties which help cleanse the body of harmful chemical elements as well as helping people shed excess weight.
Matcha powder is commonly consumed in the form of tea, lemonade amongst many other ways. However, the complete properties of Matcha powder can only be unlocked when paired with a healthy, balanced diet, proper exercise routines and daily scheduled consumption pattern.
In this cookbook, we have compiled 10 delicious dessert and drink recipes with matcha powder in them.
Do try these recipes at home and let us know how you find them.